Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Yay for Fall!

Well, needless to say, I'm really behind on my blog. REALLY. So with that in mind, this will probably be quite a long post. We have had a lot going on it seems. Since putting the house on the market a little over a month ago, just keeping the house suitable for showing has taken a good amount of my time. Seeing that I haven't posted since July, I guess I'll start back with the beginning of August and talk about all that has gone on since then.

Well, probably the biggest thing to happen was my sweet baby niece, Brittley, that was born. Yeah, I know I'm a bad Aunt for not posting about this along time ago, but better late than never. Isn't she beautiful! My brother now has two gorgeous little girls.




















I also had my Birthday last month, and thanks to everyone for all of the birthday wishes and gifts. I turned 26, four more years till I hit the big 3-0. That seems crazy to me, not that I don't totally feel that old already because most days, I do. Not that that's old, but feeling as old as you always think 30 is. Does that make since? Anyway, Jared was really great this year. He took me to San Antonio for the weekend, and lined up the babysitting, hotel, and everything. He even took me shopping while we were there. The Hotel we stayed in was called Drury Inn Plaza, it was right on the Riverwalk. We had a balcony that overlooked the river, and the swimming pool was on the roof of the building. It was so COOL. It was originally a Bank, so the Lobby downstairs still had all of the old bank stuff and all the old metal detail work with the original stained glass windows, it was just so pretty. We had a really nice, relaxing weekend, and I wasn't really ready to come home.
This was the view from our room. That's St. Mary's cathedral down on the left. There's a courtyard down in front of the church that leads to the river. The night we got there, there was a Jazz band playing in the courtyard. We just opened our balcony door and listened to them while we got ready to go to dinner.

This is a tunnel that you walk through outside our hotel down on the river. It's covered in shiny red tile. It was really pretty.





These are pictures from inside the lobby. You can see the old detail all over. The stained glass was my favorite. Also if you look really closely, those two panels on either side of the window say "Trust binds the Nation together, Thift drives the Nation Tomorrow." Pretty interesting, maybe they knew something back then.


This is the carpet that was in the hall, It was turquoise and brown. I know, I'm easily entertained.



I don't know how many of you watch Man vs. Food, but on one episode he visited a place called Roundrock Doughnuts in Roundrock, TX. We decide to pay a visit when we started back home. And no, I didn't eat that Doughnut by myself. Not that I couldn't have because they are really good.

A week or two after my birthday fun, we had the opportunity to go watch one of the Pre-season Cowboy games in the new *Cowboy Stadium*. It was awesome! To be honest, when Jared told me we might be getting tickets, I wasn't really that enthusiastic about the thought of going to the Mammoth of a building and walking through tons of people. And anytime I have to think about getting ready to go anywhere, forget it! I am so out of touch with my inner-girl, it's sad actually. I spend all day most everyday around two little boys, it's starting to become hard for me to be girlie. Therefore, it's a frustration now to just get dressed up. Hello, I need some girlfriends!
Anyway, after we got the boys dropped off and we're headed toward Arlington I started to get a little more excited. Parking was crazy, and outrageous! We happened to park on the opposite side of the building than where our seats were so we had quite a walk, but the building was amazing. And we actually got to experience more of the building having to walk so much, so it was okay. We were excited because our tickets said that we were on the fifth row, but when we got to our seats we were actually on the second, bonus! The Cheerleaders walked right past us several times, and we showed up on the Jumbo Tron five or six times in the first half of the game. The stadium itself really is a sight to see. It's HUGE, and fancy at the same time. We both had a really fun night, and felt very blessed to have the chance to go because I doubt we'll be able to go again anytime soon.


These were some really cool lights in side the stadium. There was so much more that I didn't get pictures of and probably didn't even see.

Now on to September. A couple of weeks ago my little brother, Chase, and his wife Jordan came to town for a weekend and we wanted to get together, so we went to the zoo. It was a really pretty day, little warm, but nice. Colin had never been, not that he paid much attention to the animals, but he loved the train ride. Jackson had a good time too. He got to feed the birds, and he loved the white tiger. We all had a fun time, I'm glad we could spend the day with the cute newlyweds.







2 comments:

Nikki said...

Love the new blog, love all the new posts. Nathan LOVED the Cowboy game post, lol, of course.

The little mouse pic of Colin is SO cute. He is so, so cute, I love him. I wish we could see him and Jackson more. That pic of Jackson holding Colin....Colin almost looks bigger than Jackson. Is he bigger than what Jackson was at that age? He's going to be a big buff guy. You'll have to fight the girls off :)

Thanks for posting, looks like a fun summer. And good job on the birthday for your wifey Jared :)

Nikki said...

Oh and Happy Late Birthday Jamie ! Sorry I'm so bad with keeping up on things with this pregnancy :(

Looks like a great birthday !