Friday, December 26, 2008

His First Month


I'm a few days behind, but Colin is a month old! I can't believe how fast it's going by. It's a little sad really, I feel like the holiday's have made it go faster than normal. Colin is a great little guy, and we have really enjoyed him in our family. He has learned how to use his lungs a little more than when he was first born, but he still isn't very noisy. He loves taking a bath, except for the couple of seconds between the cups of water being poured on him. I think he would be happier to be directly under the faucet the whole time as to have the warm water running on him continuously. He's a very sweet, cuddly baby and every now and then we catch a smile which always brightens any mood. He is chunking out very nicely. I have no idea how much he weighs right now, I just know it's a lot more than than where he started. I am beginning to think that he might be a morning person. He sleeps really well starting at about 6 o'clock. Well enough that I have to wake him to eat. I don't really know what happens in the middle of the night. Jared moved his alarm clock, so I never have any idea what time it is when I wake up in the middle of the night. All I know is that by about 7 o'clock in the morning, Colin's wide awake, and I'm still really tired.
He's turning out to be quite the cutie. In the beginning we thought that Colin looked just like Jackson, but that has changed a little now. I think that Colin has Jared's eyes, and my ears, and Jackson is just the opposite. I am excited to see the resemblances and differences in the two of them.

Jackson is adjusting to all the changes pretty well. He loves Colin, he just doesn't like that almost all of my energy goes into taking care of Colin and not him. I haven't quite found the balance yet. I definitely feel like Jackson has been put on the back burner, and that makes me sad. It seems like the few minutes I have are spent being upset with Jackson because he's doing something he's not supposed to be doing to get attention. Hopefully we'll get the hang of it soon. I do have to say that having a baby in the winter is a lot more challenging than I thought it would be. I am a whole lot more paranoid to leave the house than I was with Jackson. I am a little ready for it warm up, and if you know me, that's way out of the norm. I normally love the cold and am usually wanting about a foot of snow about now, but not this year. We've all been sick at least once since Colin has been home, all of us except for him. Thank Goodness! Anyway, it's been a great first month for our family, and I wish we could be in Utah visiting with everyone, but hopefully we can get together again soon.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

It's so fun to see pictures of Colin. He's adorable. We missed you guys at Christmas, but I'm glad you had fun in Texas. I am planning to come out sometime this spring. Not sure when yet.